[mozbuild@dm-dxr01 ~]$ sqlite3 -version 3.3.6 ... jcranmer@xochiquetazal ~ $ sqlite3 -version 3.7.7 2011-06-23 19:49:22 4374b7e83ea0a3fbc3691f9c0c936272862f32f2
The databases were incompatible. So I did some investigation and I found an easy way to fix this:
jcranmer@xochiquetzal ~ $ sqlite3 -line '.dump' spidermonkey.sqlite > /tmp/statements.sql [mozbuild@dm-dxr01 ~]$ sqlite3 -init /tmp/statements.sql spidermonkey.sqlite
That worked wonderfully. So if you ever need to fix a problem with SQLite-incompatible versions, that is how you dump a database to sqlite and import it again. While I'm on the topic, this is worth paying attention to:
-rw-r--r-- 1 jcranmer jcranmer 27394048 Aug 2 17:13 spidermonkey.sqlite -rw-r--r-- 1 jcranmer jcranmer 27419572 Aug 2 17:17 statements.sql
The list of SQL statements is only 0.1% larger than the SQLite file. If I look at the older database, it's actually smaller than the database. Food for thought.